Call us toll free: (08) 8227 0372
Top notch Multipurpose WordPress Theme!
SEE PRICING

TOP USER COUNTY: USA

TOP FACT: THE COLDEST CITY (WINTER AVERAGE, DEGREES)

TOP CATEGORY: CLIMATE & ENVIRONMENT

21 MARKET PROFILES

MARKET INTELLIGENCE REPORT

AUSTRALIAS BEST CITY USERS:

Slide background

Which Australian city is made for you?

DISCOVER WHERE YOU SHOULD LIVE, WORK OR VISIT.
CREATE CUSTOM REPORT
Slide background

Compare Australian Cities

WHERE DOES EACH CITY DO WELL... OR FALL BEHIND?
COMPARE CITIES

City Report

Compare city performance across multiple topics to discover how Australia's capitals perform in different sectors.

Custom Report

Discover where you should live, work, or visit by creating a city report card based your personal selection of facts.

Browse by Fact

From the bizarre and trivial to the serious and useful: get lost in a sea of facts and confirm or challenge your knowledge.

Interesting Facts

Australia's most aged city (65 years and over)

This FACT indicates the percentage people aged 65 and over within each Australian capital city. An aging population is a phenomenon experienced by the whole country, as the 'baby boomer' generation approaches retirement (65 years old). This fact presents a challenge to welfare policies and superannuation plans, since a large proportion of the population will be drawing on these resources simultaneously.
 
This data was collected in 2016 ABS Census. The figures presented here is each city’s percentage of people aged 65 and over in comparison to that city's total population. The city with the most aged population in Australia is Hobart, with a percentage of 17.8 percent being 65 or older. Darwin has the least aged population, with 7.7 percent in this age group.
 

Number of amphetamine-type seizures per state (Regional)

This FACT indicates the number of Amphetamine-type seizures recorded in each Australian state. This data presents the number of seizures induced by Amphetamine-type stimulants, which encompass drugs under both amphetamines and phenethylamines groupings. These recorded seizure numbers have been undertaken by both state/territory police, as well as the Australian Federal Police.

Number of days waited for admissions from waiting lists for Neurosurgery (Regional)

This FACT indicates the number of days waited for patient admissions from waiting lists for Neurosurgery in the 90th percentile. Neurosurgery is surgery performed on the nervous system, especially the brain and spinal cord. The 90th percentile means that 90 percent of the people admitted from waiting lists are admitted within and beyond 365 days. The other 10% are outliers and fall outside the range of the other 90 percent either above or below. The state/territory with the highest number of days waited is Tasmania at 232 days. The state/territory with the lowest number of days waited is the Northern Territory at 27 days.

Percentage of family households

This FACT indicates the percentage of family households in each Australian city. Results from the 2016 ABS Census show that the city with the highest percentage of family households is Sydney, at 73.6 percent. The city with the lowest percentage is Hobart, at 67 percent.

Percentage of population enrolled in non-government secondary schools

This FACT indicates the percentage of each city's population enrolled in a non-government secondary school from the year 2016. A non-government school includes Catholic and schools of other religious affiliation, as well as private and other non-government schools. The city with the highest percentage is Perth at 3.03 percent. The city with the lowest is Darwin at 2.2 percent.

SEE PRICING

THE CREATORS OF AUSTRALIA'S
BEST CITY CAN OFFER:

- 200+ page Market Intelligence report
- Databse of 500+ indicators
- Tailored analysis & consultation

AUSTRALIAS BEST CITY MARKET INTELLIGENCE

Top