Call us toll free: (08) 8227 0372
Top notch Multipurpose WordPress Theme!
Slide background

Which Australian city is made for you?

DISCOVER WHERE YOU SHOULD LIVE, WORK OR VISIT.
Slide background

Compare Australian Cities

WHERE DOES EACH CITY DO WELL... OR FALL BEHIND?
Slide background
SLOWEST: HOBART
WHICH IS AUSTRALIA'S

FASTEST GROWING CITY

FASTEST: MELBOURNE

City Report

Compare city performance across multiple topics to discover how Australia's capitals perform in different sectors.

Custom Report

Discover where you should live, work, or visit by creating a city report card based your personal selection of facts.

Browse by Fact

From the bizarre and trivial to the serious and useful: get lost in a sea of facts and confirm or challenge your knowledge.

Latest News

Give your opinion

Survey: What makes a city liveable? (NEW)

Win a $300 Amazon voucher

While there are many things that make a city liveable, their order of priority is different for everyone. There are several 'Liveability Indexes' that exist, but none that weigh the things that Australians prioritise with hard data.

Your responses will contribute to a better understanding of what a city's residents need, and what needs to be focused on at all levels of government.

Start survey.

Why conduct surveys?

Give voice to your opinions and be rewarded for your time.

While hard data is essential for the comparison of states and cities, empirical data is invaluable for capturing the sentiment and opinion of a city’s residents. Australia’s Best City, along with its parent company ipData, conducts numerous surveys on a wide range of topics to ensure that the database remains up-to-date, representative, and relevant.

Survey responses also help shape policy and company decisions by contributing to reports and in-depth analysis that Australia’s Best City, and parent company ipData, conducts on their behalf.

View current surveys.

 

Commission a survey

Unlock the opinion of your target market.

Australia’s Best City and research consulting firm ipData are committed to providing in-depth analysis through survey generation. Coupled with extensive experience in research and consultation, an independently-run survey can provide the impetus for positive change.

All surveys conducted are statistically significant and, when necessary, represent a cross-section of demographics thanks to the vastly different community circles of both Australia’s Best City and ipData. To ensure complete responses, respondents are offered incentives through competitions and prizes.

For more information regarding surveys, please contact us.

 

Write to us!

Do you have feedback, want to suggest a new fact, or offer your opinion?

Featured Facts

Household Internet Value Index

This FACT indicates the household consumer internet value in each Australian city. The value index is the median cost per Mbps (Megabit per second) of bandwidth, in US dollars. Australia has an overall internet value index of US$8.21. For comparison, New Zealand, the United States, and the United Kingdom have a value index of $6.10, $3.50, and $2.54 respectively.

Number of days waited for admissions from waiting lists for Cardio-thoracic surgery (Regional)

This FACT indicates the number of days waited for patient admissions from waiting lists for Cardio-thoracic surgery in the 90th percentile. Cardio-thoracic surgery is the field of medicine involved in surgical treatment of conditions in the heart and chest. The 90th percentile means that 90 percent of the people admitted from waiting lists are admitted within and beyond 365 days. The other 10% are outliers and fall outside the range of the other 90 percent either above or below. The state/territory with the highest number of days waited is Victoria at 112 days. The state/territory with the lowest number of days waited is the Western Australia at 68 days. According to AIHW, the Northern Territory does not perform cardio-thoracic surgeries.

Number of people who speak Chinese languages at home per 100,000 persons

This FACT indicates the number of Australians who speak a Chinese language at home per 100,000 persons, in each capital.While Mandarin and Cantonese are the most commonly known Chinese laguages, there are many other regional dialects.

The number of people who speak Chinese languages at home offers insight into the number of first and second generation Chinese Australians living in a city, as well as the ethnic distribution within a city (that is, the assimilation of different cultures in multicultural neighbourhoods, as opposed to mono-cultural neighbourhoods).

As per the 2011 Census results, the city with the highest number of people who speak a Chinese language at home is Sydney at 6,466 per 100,000 persons, which is unsuprinsing since it is also the city with the largest Chinese population. The city with the lowest proportion is Hobart, at 1,093 per 100,000 persons.

Percentage of population who attended a museum or art gallery

This FACT indicates the percentage of people who attended museums and/or art galleries at least once in the year from 2009 to 2010. Canberra's fairly high percentage rate may be attributed to the fact that it houses the National Gallery of Australia, which frequently exhibits international collections.

Interestingly, while Melbourne had by far the most exhibitions of any Australian city for the period between December 2013 and January 2014, only 25.9% of Melburnians visited a museum or gallery when the data was collected.

Total number of unprovoked shark attack cases (Regional)

Australia's exotic - and sometimes vicious - wildlife is an oft cited characteristic of the island continent, with Australia's sharks taking a large portion of the conversations. Sharks, however, perhaps are more feared than what they deserve, since in the majority of states have very few recorded cases over the past 221 years.

This FACT indicates the total number of recorded unprovoked shark attack cases from 1791 to 2012, in each Australian state and territory. There is huge disparity in the numbers, with Queensland and New South Wales leading the tally by far. The Australian Capital Territory has a count of zero since it has no costal beaches.

Slide background

WHERE CAN YOU AFFORD TO LIVE?

Housing
Transport
Energy

PRESENTED BY

Slide background

WHERE CAN YOU AFFORD TO LIVE?

Housing
Transport
Energy

PRESENTED BY

Top